La Ronda is just around the corner

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Installing anti-noise windows in Quito. Ecuador. May 2015.

Quito is a noisy city: cars, trucks and buses zipping by endlessly, dogs are barking, car alarm is going off day and night, usually under your bedroom window, neighbors having party until 4 a.m.,  school children going to their colegio at 6:30 in the morning, etc...
I decided to install anti-noise windows in all bedrooms, both in my Centro Historico rental apartment and North Quito condo where I live. What a relief!!! I don't know why I didn't do it before.
I won't list the price I paid because with new import tariffs cost of windows went up. I managed to order new windows right before tariffs were announced.

here is company website, contact info
http://www.ventanas-magicas.com/

Address in Quito: Reinaldo Valdiviezo N. 52-155 y Amalia Eguiguren
atrás de Cartonera Pichincha, barrio S. Fernando, Florida alta, a la altura de la antigua Jefatura de Tránsito (Av. Occidental).
Tel:    02 6011919 - 02 6013360
Móvil: +593-996270724

I called the office manager, she set up an estimate date for me. They showed up in time for the estimate, not to be taken for granted in Ecuador!!! Next day I got a quote, paid deposit for the windows and few days later I received an installation date confirmation. Waiting time, from estimate to installation, was almost one month. They are busy installing these anti-noise windows all over Ecuador, however the company is based in Quito.

In one day the windows were installed in my North Quito and Centro Historico apartments. It was done in time, professionally and they cleaned their garbage after work was done. The design of the windows installed is the same as others windows in your building.
 
My sleep is better now, no waking up from the city noise at nights and early mornings and I am sure my future renters will appreciate sleeping in peace in the middle of the bustling city.


Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.

Anti-noise windows in both bedrooms
For booking, pictures and more info