La Ronda is just around the corner

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Renter's review of 2br/1bth La Ronda monthly rental in Quito. April 2015.

I have just finished a two-month stay in the two-bedroom apartment available through Quito Rental and have only positive words to say about my time there. 

Firstly Liliya, the host, is an organised, efficient and kind landlady who was there to greet me and set me up in my Ecuadorian home, including leaving a little selection of foodstuffs, light bulbs, toilet roll etc.  Before arriving, she had been very quick to respond to emails, clear when detailing the financial side of things and sent me several really informative emails about life in Quito on things such as local supermarkets, where to change currency, as well as tips for visiting the tourist sites which helped me to prepare myself for my stay.  During my stay, although there was no reason to contact her, I always felt comfortable that she was available and would help resolve any issue swiftly.

Secondly, the apartment itself is great and was just what I needed – I felt right at home straight away!  It is safe, spacious, well-kitted out with all that you need and contains some lovely furniture.  I shall miss sitting on the balcony in the afternoon sunshine!  Everything worked, nothing ran out and it was lovely having a place to call my own and relax in. The neighbors and concierge are super helpful too – always saying ‘Buenos Dias’ and holding the main door open for me if my hands were full of shopping.  Being on the 4th floor means that you hear no noise from immediate neighbors and there is an extra level of seclusion. And it was great to have a reliable source of wifi, that seemed faster than I could get in some other places in Ecuador meaning that I could keep in touch with friends and family back home with ease.

Thirdly, the location was perfect.  Being in the Old City, which in my opinion is hands-down the best part of Quito, was ideal for me, and enabled me to be close to all that this historical and cultural wonder had to offer.  The apartment is super close to La Ronda, which is the street to be on during Friday and Saturday nights, has great views of El Panecillo and angelic statue atop, and handy for the Trolebus and Ecovia stops too.  There is also a little park nearby.
Being a lone female I never felt unsafe in the Old City or La Ronda, even on a busy weekend evening (in fact with all that’s going on, that’s where you want to stroll around).  My experience is that strangers are very kind in Quito, yes white females do stand out about, but mostly if people start chatting to you they are trying to help or just want to practice a little English.  The apartment block has a big front gate and a very secluded feel to it meaning that I only ever felt comfortable and at home.  I would have no qualms in recommending the Old City to solo-female travelers, in fact to not stay there would mean you really miss out on what feels different about Quito, compared with the more modern areas of La Mariscal in the North for example.

So all in all, Quito Rental and the apartment in La Ronda condo gets a 10/10 rating from me.  I hope to stay there again if I am lucky enough to return to Quito.

Gayle W. from Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom



Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
Anti-noise windows in both bedrooms
For booking, pictures and more info