La Ronda is just around the corner

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Three weddings, one dress and my Quito's neighbors. Ecuador. November 2014.

Few years ago my daughter was getting married and I bought a formal  "mother of the bride" dress. Different shades of blue, silk, floor length - I got lots of compliments!
One year later, dress in my wardrobe, idle. On Saturday night in September, my neighbor, L came to visit, to drink some wine and to talk about "everything". L complained that she cannot find affordable and yet nice dress for her brother wedding, dress code - formal. To buy a presentable dress cost lots of money, I paid $460 for mine.
"I have dress for you" - I said, she tried it and it was perfect. I sold her the dress for $150.

Yet another year passed by, Saturday night, September, and here we are in my kitchen drinking wine with L and G, another neighbor, who is about to get married and guess what, she cannot find a dress, affordable and cute. Her wedding wasn't formal, so dress could be any color. After second bottle of wine I got an idea - L, get "The Dress" here and quick.
G is much thinner than me and L, but with some alterations and modifications it was the best dress in the wedding party!!! And she got it as a wedding present from L. What a deal!..to have good neighbors!!!



Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com


Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
3 bedroom, 1 bath remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental2.blogspot.com