La Ronda is just around the corner

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Trip to Termas Papallacta with my neighbor and her friends. Part two. Life in Ecuador VS other countries. January 2014.

Neighbors. I was traveling with my neighbor, Ecuadorian middle class woman. My neighbor has my apartment's keys, I have hers. We have close enough relationship to get together once in a while for cup of tea or glass of wine and "venting session". Our relationship is civilized and mutually beneficial.
In my 15 years in Minneapolis I lived in three different places, all white middle class neighborhoods. The best I had with my neighbors were neutral "hi-bye" relationship. Once my neighbors called a management company on my than ten years old son for climbing the tree at the apartment complex compound. My son was banned from going outside.  Another time they called police at 10:05 p.m. for me having party on Friday night.
Timing. Timing of our departure from Quito was Ecuadorian. Initially we had agreement to take off at 7:30 a.m., it got moved to 8:30 a.m. and we ended up leaving at 9:30 a.m. Few years ago it would drive me crazy, now I just go with the flow. Somehow it all work out.
Coworkers. We had party of four adults and two kids. It was soap opera on the wheels. My neighbor, her amiga(bff), novio (boyfriend) of amiga - all work for the same company. Novio of my neighbor works at the same company as well but he didn't go with us.
They all meet, became friends and couples right at their workplace. Where else you can get to know people so well? But try this at US corporation and you can lose your job faster than it takes you to say "sexual harassment".
Property management companies in US exist to prohibit pretty much every activity regarding pets and kids, and they charge arm and leg for this oppression.
Here in Quito, I gave our concierge my apartment's keys and she let out Sashka, my dog, to the roof terrace. I paid her $1.50, everyone was happy. 

and finally, the destination- Termas Papallacta SPA/pools:
http://www.papallacta.com.ec/
Entrance to the thermal pools - $19.
I had one hour relaxation massage that cost me $52 including tips. "Turkish cave" sauna, 15 min - $11.

Part one



Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
3 bedroom, 1 bath remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info