La Ronda is just around the corner

Monday, August 19, 2013

Some expats and their fantasies. Quito Ecuador. August 2013.

Once in a while I entertain my Russian  and Ecuadorian friends with Wishful Thinking Quotes from Norteamericanos in Ecuador.  I find these gems in the Ecuador forums and Craigslist Ecuador. Last night we had glass of wine with my neighbor, middle class Ecuatoriana, and, oh boy, did we laughed! 

The Grand Prize went to this ad from the Craigslist Ecuador
quote
seeking female 35-55 for LTR,leading to marriage.you should be employed,speak some english,know how to cook and clean,have no children,high sex drive,good personal hygiene.I'm a SWM,generous,warm,nice.I like to fish so be close to the ocean.Wanting to live in Ecuador.Your pic gets mine.
end of quote  
LB - In his ad, this US guy posted (along with text above) three pictures of obese old man with missing teeth, not only he is arrogant and insulting, but he is stupid as well (Your pic gets mine.)

The second best was this post in one of the forums. This is also my tango teacher's favorite(he is Ecuatoriano) - just one thought about Ecuadorian maestro with email, made him laugh hysterically .
quote
I'm looking for a reliable, honest, reasonable maintenance man to do work on my condo in .... Hoping he has an email address.
end of quote
LB-I don't know if this specie exist - maestro who will be "reliable, honest, reasonable and - it's the kicker  - has an email address"

quote
Hello im a convicted felon in the U.S.I also have a permently suspended drivers license. I live now on my SS of 1500 a month but its not retirement its disability. My question is: will CR accept me as a convicted felon???
end of quote
LB - apparently it is the same for him, CR - Costa Rica and Ecuador, no difference
 
quote
I am doing research on internet sites etc. including this one, and would like recommendations on beach towns to visit with intention on possibly buying hill top beach view property. I am interested in a quiet but not dead area, good medical, stuff to do, clean, and from what I am reading, lots of sun. Is this possible. My feminine half (and might I add) wants me to note that shopping is also important.
end of quote
LB - Ecuadorian coastal village with hospital and shopping mall? it's the same type of daydreaming like maestro with email

quote
I wondered in a fleeting moment this afternoon, what type of Ex Pats I am going to meet in Ecuador..... I would hate to think that lots of people that are there, are only there because (for their sakes) is that their SS cheque is just enough to cover their needs
end of quote
LB - this is new kind of entitlement - will other expats be worth of my attention?

quote
I need an attorney in the .... area but can travel to do ecuadorian living will cheap. One guy told me 1000.00 I think hes nuts.
end of quote
LB - ... the attorney has to travel to little coastal pueblo and it has to be cheap!!!
 
quote
I don't much like Ecuador anymore is because many people just want your money.
end of quote

quote
If we decide to move there a fishing boat is an absolute must for me, nothong fancy, a 25 foot Panga with twin engines will be perfect
end of quote
LB -simple life in Ecuador with the boat....

Thank you guys, keep it coming!!!