La Ronda is just around the corner

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Concierges in Quito, Ecuador. August 2013.

Life in Ecuador has lots of advantages for me, one of them is to have a concierge in the apartment building. Association fee for the condo living is  much cheaper in Ecuador than in US and still, it includes concierge's salary.
When I am out and about for a day I give our concierge my apartment key and she walks my westie Sashka. I pay her $1 for this service.  
In Centro Historico, the concierge (Jose) helps me to fix my condo in between renters, to bring gas tanks, to do errands for me. In July my wi-fi router died, I called my internet provider, gave them Jose's cellular. I didn't have to sit and wait for the repair guys to arrive, all was taken care by the concierge. I gave him $2 and everyone was happy.
In Minneapolis my association monthly fee for the small one bedroom condo is $220 VS $15(Centro Historico condo) and $60(North Quito condo), no concierges and one or two dollars is not enough money to pay for any service.




Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com



Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
3 bedroom, 1 bath remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental2.blogspot.com