La Ronda is just around the corner

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beware of rental scams on Craigslist Ecuador targeting landlords. April 2013.


I always browse craigslist Ecuador in search for prospective tenants (section: housing wanted)  and recently I noticed an add from anitaterry00@yahoo.com - titled $600 Single lady in need of housing (Ecuador ).

Well, I googled  the email above  and what do you know - this "single lady" searching for housing in the dozens(!?) of US cities, plus some overseas locations as well , including Ecuador. There are pages and pages of results for this email, ads from different cities "housing wanted" on craigslist.

I wonder what kind of scam they are running?

Here are a few examples:

$600 Professional female looking for place (Ann Arbor)



Hello I am an honest dependable and relaxed person in need of a nice clean and comfort room/apt. If you have a place reply ASAP, thank you.

$500 Single lady looking for room asap (Pittsburgh )

Hello! I am a single woman looking for a nice, clean, and quiet room/apt. I am a sincere, honest, clean, and good person as should roommate be. Please reply immediately if you have a place! Thank you.

$600 Single lady needs room (Farmington)

Hello I am an honest, sincere, and laid back person: as well as roommate should be. I am looking for a nice, clean, and quiet place to stay. Please respond asap if you have a place, thank you.  

$675 Housing wanted for single lady (N. Platte)

Hello, I am an independent woman looking for a nice clean room/apt to stay. I am wanting a nice quiet roommate if they come with room. Reply asap if you have a place. Thank you.

$550 Single lady looking for housing (Chattanooga )

Hello! I am a single woman looking for a nice, clean, and quiet room/apt. I am a sincere, honest, clean, and good person. Please reply immediately if you have a place! Thank you.
Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com