La Ronda is just around the corner

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Do you need to adapt and change your mind-set because you live in Ecuador now? March 2013


I am allergic to salsa and here I am living in a salsa country. Lots of expats think that you have to change and adapt when you are in another country. May be to a degree and it depends on your age and how you make your living. When I came to US, I adapted and changed for my family survival.
Here in Ecuador I created lifestyle that I like. I dance tango and swing in a salsa country, both literally and figuratively.
It is a hard to find a balance to be yourself and accept that it is "their" country and "their" customs and somehow (although often I wonder how?) it works for "them" and even, overall, works better than in the "first world" countries. This is why we are here, right?


Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com