La Ronda is just around the corner

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cost of living in Quito. Update on farmer market Ofelia prices in Quito, Ecuador. March 2013.

I walked to the farmer's market this afternoon with $20 in my packet. I spent $13 and here is my bounty:
30 eggs              $3.50
one pineapple    $1
three middle size papayas           $2
two pounds of black tart grapes   $2.50
14 apples                                      $3
more than one kilo of small sweet tomatoes   50 cents
four red sweet peppers, middle size                50 cents
Total $13

All fruits and veggies that I bought were Ecuadorian grown.
If you do your shopping in supermarkets only, your grocery bill will be high, not as high as in US, but close enough.



Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com