La Ronda is just around the corner

Sunday, February 10, 2013

About remodeling. February 2013.

I have a long history owning and remodeling properties in three different countries on three different continents. No matter where I live, my ambience is modest, neat, functional and updated.
My first apartment was a gift from my parents, they bought it for me while we were still living in Belarus. My father helped me with remodeling, so it was easy-breezy!
My second property, townhouse I bought in Minneapolis, had a lucky spell. Two previous owners had life changing events, one of them won a lottery and moved to affluent part of Minneapolis, the next owner (the seller) got married and wanted a bigger house.  When seller jokingly asked me what I prefer: to win the lottery or to get married, I picked the latter and what do you know, year and a half later I got married, and two years later divorced (no, I didn't ask for that)!  Meanwhile, for seven year we were living in this townhouse my children became teenagers, young adults and it got pretty beaten up, time for remodeling.
Some work was done by contractors, some work was done by my then boyfriend (one in between second and third husband). He did remodeling for me, taught me to dance swing. After one year of ballroom dancing and remodeling done, we split. I guess it was bad idea to mix business and pleasure.   
to be continued



totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com