La Ronda is just around the corner

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shopping OR cost of living in Quito

I love to shop at a store called Pinto in Quito.
Pinto has high quality tank tops, t-shirts, unlined jackets, sweaters, pajamas and tops for women and men.  As in most of Ecuadorian stores the biggest size is XL.  I have to say that Pinto sizing is pretty generous, probably because most of the clothing is made in Peru.  My size in USA is L and I buy L in Pinto as well. Ecuadorian made clothing is usually one or two sizes smaller for us.
I bought two tank tops (95% cotton, 5% spandex) for me ($16 each) and a long sleeve tee (100% cotton) for Leo - $25.  The colors of clothing in this store are amazing, besides basic black, grey, and brown, there is a large variety of interesting colors, including my favorites plum and maroon.
There are rarely any discounts or sales in this store.  They have their price and that is all.  Sometimes they have promotions.  These (promotions) are very rare and usually inconvenient; for example: if you buy a whole outfit (three items) the store would give you 15% off.   



Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
2 bedroom, 1 bath remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent. 
Anti-noise windows in both bedrooms
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com