La Ronda is just around the corner

Monday, April 9, 2012

I discovered a decent and affordable service at the Hospital Vozandes: dependable and affordable dermatologist in Quito. April 2012.

It took me a few years and three clinics to find a good dermatologist in Quito.
Here is a post about two previous tries.  
After laser treatment (big mistake!) and HM (even bigger and costlier mistake), I went to the Hospital Vozandes de Quito.  I got an appointment with the dermatologist Edith Marroquin.  Finally, someone who listened to me and did what I asked - to get rid of a "pesky mole".

The doctor at HM, it turned out, gave me a shot of cortisone just to treat the scar (from laser) and he charged me $60 for the appointment and $20 for a shot which didn't help me at all and to add insult to injury, I had to pay cash - he doesn't accept credit cards. He spoke perfect English but ignored my request and it was good - I can only imagine how much $$$ it would cost me.

Here is the cost of "good riddance" at Hospital Vozandes (this Hospital accepts credit cards).
First appointment $18
Second visit (surgical procedure was done) $48.45
Biopsy $42.77
Final visit; to take out the stitches and doctor told me the results of the biopsy (I don't have a problem)  $18
Round-trip taxi cost from my house to the hospital $7





Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
3 bedroom, 1 bath remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental2.blogspot.com



    
Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com