La Ronda is just around the corner

Friday, March 9, 2012

Life in Quito for these two retirees is much easier and sunnier (and warmer) than in Minneapolis, MN. March 2012.

While I was running errands today, it occurred to me that life in Quito is much easier than it is in Minneapolis. During grocery shopping in Megamaxi this morning, while I was paying for the groceries, the service person packed my items, put them in the cart, delivered them to the taxi stand and transferred them to the taxi. His tip was 50 cents.
When I arrived to our conjunto, the concierge picked up my groceries and brought them to my apartment door on the 4th floor. Her tip was 50 cents.

Let alone, it was the last day of February and I was wearing sandals, a short sleeve dress with a no lining jean jacket.  The sun was shining and life is as good as it gets.


Monthly rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com