La Ronda is just around the corner

Sunday, March 18, 2012

ClubCorreos delivery service from Miami to Quito, Ecuador for your USA shopping. March 2012.

I did some shopping at Christmas time (Dec 2011) using my daughter's Minneapolis address.  In January, my daughter gathered my shopping, packed everything in one package and sent it to Quito. Well, it took one week to arrive in Quito and six weeks for me to receive it!  I had already forgotten what was in my parcel! 
To add insult to injury we paid $42 for shipping just a few pounds and $5 to receive it at the post office in Quito!  It was the last straw. I decided to enroll in ClubCorreos http://secure2.transexpress.com/clubcorreos/
ClubCorreos assigned me a Miami postal address and phone number, charged me $11 for a yearly subscription and viola!!!   I do my online shopping and have it sent to my Miami (ClubCorreos) address and when my parcels get there it takes anywhere from 6 - 10 days to be delivered from Miami to our doorstep in Quito. The price for delivery is much cheaper as well.  Two pounds delivery cost about $10, eight pounds delivery cost us $41.
The only trick they (ClubCorreos) pull on you - they are always upping the number of pounds. For example one of our parcels weighed 0.6 pounds - they put 3 pounds as weight and so on.   
Still, it is cheaper and much quicker, than regular mail.



Rental in Quito, for tourists and expats.
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled
Colonial Quito, furnished apartment for rent.
For booking, pictures and more info
http://quitorental.blogspot.com