La Ronda is just around the corner

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Damas Norteamericanas y Británicas in Quito

When we came in Quito in 2008 Damas Norteamericanas y Británicas (DamasNyB) were well and alive (as an organization) at least on the surface. I even wrote a guest column about them.
http://blog.pro-ecuador.com/?p=285
I had considered buying a membership, but it seemed to me they were only after my money and my time without regards to me. They used to have monthly meetings and in addition to paying a membership you are supposed to pay for the privilege of coming to a meeting.  They constantly made you feel guilty; you didn't contribute enough time, you didn't contribute enough money.  
There was also a substantial list of Ecuadorian organizations that Damas supported. Well, they spread themselves too thin and collapsed, it seems. There are no activities anymore as far as I know.
The last activity was The Bazaar Navideno in November 2010, with the most useless and expensive stuff I ever saw for sale.
to be continued

We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath totally remodeled Colonial Quito,
furnished apartment for rent 
For booking, pictures and more info
Walking tours of Centro Historico Quito with Liliya and Leo
Entertaining history, legends, stories, gossip and  
a lot of info about things to do and see in Quito.
$50 total cost for three hours for up to four people (1 - 4 people)
For booking email us   lbassist2003@yahoo.com